Welcome to the Birmingham Proof House
The Birmingham Proof House was established by Act of Parliament in 1813 to ensure small arm user safety, as far as it is practicable, by the compulsory and statutory proof of small arms.
Over 200 years later the Birmingham Proof House remains at the forefront of international standards for the testing of firearms and ammunition, recently achieving ISO 17025 accreditation for the British Proof Laboratory located onsite.
In addition to proof and reproof of small arms, we are able to offer many additional services, including:
- CIP AMMUNITION CONTROL & AMMUNITION TESTING
- CERTIFICATION OF DEACTIVATED ARMS & MAGAZINE RESTRICTIONS
- INCIDENT REPORTS ON DAMAGED SMALL ARMS
- CHAMBER GAUGE & CHAMBER CASTING INSPECTION AND ANALYSIS
- MUSEUM, ARMS & AMMUNITION PATTERN ROOMS
- LIBRARY OF SMALL ARM & AMMUNITION RELATED SOURCE MATERIAL- including over 1000 original cartridge drawings.
- CONFERENCE FACILITIES